Friday, August 19, 2011

Sleeping With The MP3


Worship and praise music have become more and more...dear to me.

The beautiful words and haunting melodies are a lifeline I cling to...
when sleep and rest elude.

Stephanie downloaded scores of worship songs, suggested by many of you along with some of my personal favorites, onto my MP3 player
 (purchased specifically for this journey)

I cannot nap without it.

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there will be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus...bring the rain.

~ Mercy Me ~   "Bring the Rain"

My MP3 is packed with beautiful, uplifting music.  It's amazing how worship and praise music can bring one into the very throne room of God

....and away from painful circumstances.


You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in you.

~ Selah ~   "You are my Hiding Place"

Even though I worry sometimes...and I get afraid sometimes....
He never let's go of me.  He is ever faithful and ever true....oh my soul. 

There is nothing too difficult or impossible for Him.  The cries of my heart are heard...and they are cared about.

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are Who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.

~ Casting Crowns ~   "Praise You in This Storm"

These are to name just a few of the songs I have been benefiting from....

I encourage you to find some 'alone time' and listen to these or any other worship songs you have...

and enter His throne room...

Praise Him, in your 'storm' and you will find peace...


you will not be disappointed.





No comments:

Post a Comment