Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Shepherd





When he bent down to give me a hug and kiss, I caught a whiff of his aftershave. Opening my eyes I saw that he was dressed and ready for church.

“I’m sorry I can’t go with you”, I said.  He sat down on the bed beside me and stroked my arm.  “I won’t be long”.

He didn’t want to go without me.

Shutting my eyes I reflected on the past several hours.

I’ve developed several white bumps within the folds of…..
that region, and I am miserable.

There isn’t a cream or gel that I haven’t tried…even Mylanta
(at the unorthodox advice of our pharmacist). 

Nothing has relieved the burning and itching sensations…

and they stayed with me throughout the day.


This being said, my daughter was still here with her girls. 

That’s a joyful thing. 

We even pulled up services on the Internet and had ‘church’. 

 I watched an old service of my brother, Chris, when he was an
assistant Pastor
 in Ft. Lauderdale sometime ago.


It was a beautiful teaching on the Lord, our Good Shepherd and how He loves us and yearns for us and it was soothing to my soul.

Friends, whom I haven’t seen in a long while, stopped by for a short visit along with my niece and nephew and we chatted as I lay on my patio lounger.

Dinner was provided once again, this time from a sweet and gentle woman, Bonnie and my Haley.  So good to be ministered to and loved on.


But it's evening now and I am a bit shaken.

My stomach is hurting and I am throbbing.


 I’m laying it all at the feet of my Shepherd, Jesus and am reaching out my hand and asking for prayer.


I want to feel the healing presence of my Lord




1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Momma!!! Please read the e-mail I sent....a sweet word from an old acquaintance.....the work that the Lord is doing through you....truly AMAZING! Love you and miss you sooo much already!
    Coley

    ReplyDelete