Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Transformation


Hanging in the window by my bedside is a beautiful piece of art made for me by a friend of my daughter's.

 Dazzling butterflies painted on glass with cheerful sayings and sparkling notions with candle light in pretty blue votive cups.

Butterflies have always been my favorite. They are so glorious with their brilliant colors and paper-thin wings.

 When  sunbeams pour  in on afternoons, the colors illuminate and add a shimmer to the room and fill my heart with a gladness and a sense of peace.

 Isn't it that way... with God's beautiful creation?

I am reminded of what Paul said in 2 Corinthians 5:17  

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.


 My body will be going through a lengthy transformation,
one from sickness into health. I will be feeling, for some time,
 like an unsightly caterpillar with this disease


which has offensively taken up residence. 



My faith gives me hope that I will be restored to health and 
will feel more like a butterfly.

 I will have a new song in my heart, transformed by a renewal of my mind,
because of a closer walk with Jesus and
an awareness of who I am in Him.

In the mean time, I will be waiitng on the Lord....

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31




If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown


1 comment: