Saturday, September 24, 2011

Much Needed Rest



Doesn't she look peaceful????

As many of you may or may not be aware, Mom has been in the hospital for a quite a few days now, though very difficult for any of us to hear, she is getting the much needed attention, care, and quiet that she needs. Mom explained it as a small serene environment, where she can rest in complete quiet and focus on getting better.
When I drove into Blairsville today the only thought on my mind was, "Where is my Momma?" I could not wait to just sit with her, no need to say anything (though we Nickerson's never stop talking) I just wanted to look into her eyes. As I came out of the elevator and was looking all around for her room I looked over and spotted it and to my surprise a big note on the closed door that read "NO VISITORS". My heart jumped, then I approached a nurse and explained that this was my Mom's room and I just got in from out of town, and I saw this note?????? The nurse gave me a look of well....... let me check. She went in and asked Mom if I could come in and of course Momma said yes! Thank God :-)
I was then asked to put on gloves and a mask if I was going to get close (Um yeah I'm getting close, that's my Momma)
Entering the room and seeing her adorable little bald head and her genuine smile, that was all I needed!

I was able to stay for a little while and as I left, I was thankful for a nurse whom was not concerned with anyone but my Momma and what was best for her recovery.
With that I do want to say, we thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the love, prayers, and concern. We are asking at this time, though it is difficult, to please not go and visit and limit the phone calls to speaking with my Dad, myself, or family for updates. Mom really needs to absolute quiet and peacefulness to continue her healing process.

We are looking forward to the next few weeks when she will begin to transform back into her full of life personality, smile full of sunshine, and healthy glow, that she is made of.



Prayer requests:
Dad leaves for Belarus on Tuesday - please lift him and the team up as they go and fulfill the Lord's work, Mom so desires for Dad to be able to have peace concerning her care and be able to focus on the mission God is sending him on.
When Mom comes home from the hospital - continued peace, quiet, and serenity for her continued healing.
Blessings, Nicole :)

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling of looking in my momma's eyes and the peace that comes from that and the love held there. Continued prayers for your momma, daddy and your family. Blessings to you, Nicole. :o)

    ReplyDelete