Friday, September 9, 2011

Ministering Children


Is there anything more precious than little ones
 with the purest intentions of loving on you,
laughing with you, 
and ministering to you?

My nephew, Willy came by today with his Dad
to drop off some much anticipated
tapioca pudding...

homemade, the very creamiest and the very tastiest.

It's been my craving  lately and no one makes it like my sister-in-law.

It's in the refrigerator next to some delicious chicken soup
 made with loving hands by my friend, Mitzi.

We are pretty well stocked as faithful friends are always dropping by
with delicious food for us to enjoy, along with a kind word and a prayer.

Willy kept me pretty well entertained today with his continuous stories of Indiana Jones
 (which included monkey brains, cockroaches and snakes),

 his never ending love for Spiderman andVenom

and and other tall tales of his little boy adventures.

His joy and sweetness is infectious, his accent hilarious,

 (New York...and he's never even been there) 

and he calms me and takes my mind off of my stomach spasms.

When Jesus said to let the little children come to Him,

I see in there another reason

...the blessing of a relationship with them.

So precious.



Speaking of children, my son, Mike, came from Florida to see me.

He flew in this morning and Tracy drove him up.

I look forward to the weekends as family members come up to be with me,

and love on me,

bringing happiness and pleasant conversation,

with concern in their eyes

and healing in their touch.




They meet in our gathering room and their mere presence is comforting to me.

For now, I will gratefully bask in all the attention they give me as I count down the treatments.

Monday I start my Chemo (last one), a pump will be attached to me for 4 days
 and just 3 more radiation treatments....

 I'll be home free by Thursday.

The outreached healing hand of God is upon me,
and He has sent me many ministering 'angels'.

I've been experiencing His peace.


“Cause I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what’s being held out”

~ Healing Hand of God – Jeremy Camp ~








No comments:

Post a Comment