Sunday, July 31, 2011

Survival Mode



We wear them proudly.....SURVIVAL BRACELETS, crafted by a young entrepreneur, Pabel, one of our creative grandsons.  They are made from paracord, a rope used in parachutes.  They hold a minimum weight of 550lbs and are about 7' feet long.  A very neccessary tool to have if you are an adventurous type and are hiking in the woods and find yourself in a scary situation, such as maybe...... hanging off a cliff!

 It could save your life.

Lord, help me, it's a cliff I have come to on my walk in the wilderness...would You throw me a line? Only a rope from You will do. Although I appreciate the strength of my new survival bracelet, given to me by my loved one, it cannot help me in my scary situation.  I need a lifeline that only my God can give.


Shine your light so I can see you
Pull me up I need to be near you
Hold me I need to feel love
Can you overcome this heart that's overcome?
(David Crowder Band)

 
One of my father's favorite scriptures come to mind;

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
         Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
         My God, in Him I will trust.”
        
 "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler 
and from the perilous pestilence.
 
He shall cover you with His feathers,
         And under His wings you shall take refuge;
         His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
 
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
         Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
         Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday." 
 
 
And why is that?


" Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
         Even the Most High, your dwelling place"


Yes, I am in survival mode. I hold all that is dear to me close, very close.
 And I hold on to the lifeline thrown to me by my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

He has overcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment